Sunday 1 March 2009

This week

Ok this week all texturing must be finished whilst this is going on render out some exterior shots. Texturing can be a long process moving UVs etc but it is a vital job to do and i want to take time on it and do it to the best of my standards. This will leave me with the last week to render the interior and get it all in premier pro/after effects.

On a whole i am very pleased with the way the project has gone so far, i have only had 3-4days where i have been demotivated. I am happy with the success of the different level of details i have created and sticking to the poly count. I think this is very useful as it is a step in the right direction towards the games industry. I think all my skills have improved in this project from understanding modelling a bit better and prepering it for texturing to different light and shadows.

I have also learnt a lot about the games industry and have started to breakdown games when playing them to see what happens when eg. depth of field and the effects they use to the color used. I think its easy to say though that i could have changed the brief and added a bigger poly count as ame engines are better equiped these days. But by doing this i could have gone way over my head and ended up with unfinished work.

No comments:

Post a Comment